Clean Beer Glasses
How to ensure clean beer glasses
For both packaged and keg beers, no item of dispensing equipment is more important than the beer glass in the production of a perfect beer! A dirty glass can seriously impair beverage presentation, flavour, clarity and head of the beer. The easiest solution for perfect glasses is to have a well maintained commercial glass washing machine in conjunction with brewery approved Bracton glass care products.
A well maintained commercial glasswasher will have the following characteristics:
- Clean on the inside (no nasty odours, no organic build-up, no scale [white powder])
- By adding 250mL of Bracton Descaler every 2 – 4 weeks, this will ensure no build up or odours.
- Spinning, clean wash arms free of glass.
- Give the wash arms a spin while the machine is off. Do they spin freely? if not find out why the wash arms could be over tightened or there could be glass in the shaft. Also check the wash jets are free of glass, lemon pips or any other debris.
- To kill the bacteria the Glasswasher must use a brewery glasswash detergent and be capable of heating to 65 degrees for wash cycle and 82 degrees for rinse cycle.
- Bracton Glasswash Detergent is the ONLY glasswash detergent which is Non Hazardous (reducing OH & S risks) and approved by the major brewers. This product has allowed some venues to claim a perfect score on beverage presentation.
Weekly Beer Glass Cleaning
Weekly deep glass cleaning is essential to remove the more stubborn deposits on glasses.
Glasswasher Deep Glass Cleaning
If you have a Bracton glasswasher simply add half a scoop to your machine every five trays, press the soak button on your machine and the machine will do the rest.
Manual Glass Cleaning
Mix a solution of warm water and Bracton Pink glass soaking sanitiser in a sink with a glass scrubber and scrub each glass, then return to the glass rack. Put the rack through a standard glasswash cycle.